Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mary Jo Buttafuoco Book


Mary Jo Buttafuoco has come out with a book titled "Getting It Through My Thick Skull: Why I Stayed, What I Learned. The book is set to hit shelves soon, and she is going on a book tour.

Mary Jo has already appeared on several TV shows promoting her book and also done several interviews in which she talks about her reasons for writing the book.

She tells Time:

"Two years ago, I was complaining about the latest stunt that he had pulled, which was being out with Amy Fisher on a date and walking all over Central Park. I just was shaking my head for the umpteenth time, going, “why does he do this stuff?” And Paul, our son, very matter-of-factly said to me, “he’ll never get it, Mom. He’s a sociopath.” And that word — I didn’t like it. I thought it just sounded like a crazy, murderous person. That night I went on the computer and I looked up sociopathic behavior, and a light bulb went off in my head. I said, “Oh, my God, this is what I have been living with all my life.” So I thought, if I wrote it down and relived some of my own personal experiences, and tried to educate people, maybe they won’t have to go through what I went through."

Since that dreadful day back in 1992, Mary Jo has gone through a lot. She even stayed with her husband Joey after his mistress, Amy Fisher, shot her. She and Joey divorced in 2002, and now Mary Jo hopes to help others with her book, Getting It Through My Thick Skull.

Mary Jo says her mother always referred to he as having a thick skull when talking about her stubborn nature. And it became a joke in the hospital about how her thick skull finally served a good purpose.

 


Powered by Blogger Subscribe in a reader