Monday, August 3, 2009

Aaron Buerge: Second Bachelor to Wed


Aaron Buerge will end up being the second bachelor to wed. He is looking forward to getting hitched and settling down with elementary school psychologist Helene Eksterowicz.

"Long story short, I got some hot dog mustard on her the first time we met," says Buerge, 35, the banker and restaurant owner who confirms to People magazine that he will marry his bride-to-be, Angye McIntosh, 33, a commercial insurance agent, on Aug. 8 in their hometown of Springfield, Mo.

This is going to be Buerge's first marriage and his first proposal since doing so on "The Bachelor."

"I'd like to have a family," he says. "I'm not getting any younger. At this point, when you're in your mid-30s, most of the drama of dating has gone away. There's a lot more maturity in your relationship. I know from my experience what I'm looking for, what makes me happy. I'm not gun-shy. I'm amazingly calm about the whole situation, believe it or not. That's kind of a good sign."

Oddly enough, they actually met through one of Buerge's ex-girlfriends.

"My ex-girlfriend and I thought we would get together for some beers with some other people, and that's how I met Angye," Buerge says. They've now been together "for a couple of years," he says.

When asked why his future wife wants to be with him, he quirked:

"That's a very good question," Buerge says. "I wish I had the answer to that!"

 


Powered by Blogger Subscribe in a reader