Sunday, August 16, 2009

Matt Damon Too Busy To Twitter


It seems Matt Damon is much too busy to Twitter.

In a time where celebrities and movie stars now use Twitter to purvey information more than press releases, some have resisted. Some cite personal reasons, others are just tired of hearing about it.

Ironically, Twitter was essentially “made” by celebs, who many felt were using the site for purposes other than it was intended. Now some celebrities are expressing their distaste or lack of interest in it.

Matt Damon, who claims it basically began to consume his wife, says of Twitter:

“I’m actually so busy. I’m out of touch with a lot of people that I want to be in touch with, but I’m afraid to go on one of those networks. My wife did it recently, and she was so inundated that she kind of ran out of time.”

Damon does have an imposter out there tweeting though, a problem that has caused Twitter to experiment with a new “verified account” feature.

Another celebrity who seems to dislike Twitter is Jennifer Aniston. Leading up to her split with John Mayer she was rumored to have grown irritated that he spent more time updating his page than with her.

Kid Rock recently had an anti-Twitter rant, saying:

“It’s gay. If one more person asks me if I have a Twitter, I’m going to tell them, ‘Twitter this mother***er.’ I don’t have anything to say, and what I have to say is not that relevant.”

 


Powered by Blogger Subscribe in a reader