Thursday, June 25, 2009

Jeff Jordan Leaves Illinois Basketball


Jeff Jordan the son of basketball great Michael Jordan leaves the Illinois basketball program.

He has decided to quit basketball all together and focus on his college studies.

"I loved playing for the Fighting Illini and appreciate the support I was given by my teammates, coaches and the great fans here," Jordan said. "But I have come to the point where I'm ready to focus on life after basketball. I will concentrate on earning my degree from the University of Illinois and the opportunities that await upon graduating."

Jordan played two seasons with Illinois with a total of 58 points in 59 career games. He averaged 8.4 minutes a contest during his sophomore season.

"Jeff was an invaluable member of our team the past two seasons and I thank him for his contribution to our program," Coach Bruce Weber said. "He brought great work ethic to the gym and pushed himself, as well as his teammates, each and every day to improve. We will miss him, but we fully support the decision he has made."

Don't worry though, Michael has another son, Marcus who will start playing basketball for the University of Central Florida in the fall.

 


Powered by Blogger Subscribe in a reader