Wednesday, July 22, 2009

T.J. Houshmandzadeh Boycotting Madden


T.J. Houshmandzadeh has a beef with EA's Madden 10 game, so he's boycotting it.

You see, T.J. Houshmandzadeh’s Madden ‘10 player rating is at 91, which makes the WR none too happy. He explained to ESPN Radio’s Colin Cowherd:

“I understand I averaged 10 yards a catch, but it’s the offense, not me. I’m not playing Madden no more until they get my rating right. … I used to be the best in the world at Madden. I’m going to miss not playing it, but until they do me right, I’m not playing it any more.”

So he’s complaining that his player rating of 91 is too low. Hmmm. Who’s ahead of him in the wide receiver ratings? Larry Fitzgerald (99), Steve Smith (97), Anquan Boldin (94), Roddy White (93) and Calvin Johnson (92). If you look at last year’s numbers for the five players listed above, you can see that they all scored at least six touchdowns and 1,038 receiving yards. What do his 2008 stats look like? Housh had 92 receptions which garnered 904 receiving yards and four touchdowns. What did Houshmandzadeh expect his player rating to be? Who knows.

 


Powered by Blogger Subscribe in a reader